Steven Gerrard announced his international retirement





A sad day for the English Football

Steven Gerrard has announced on Monday his international retirement , the 34 years old Liverpool medfield , has represented his country 114 times , which could will leave a great gap in the English National team.

The announcement was less surprised than that of Philipp Lahm , but it will probably leave a great gap in the heart of the fans. Steven Gerrard has chosen to take his international retirement. at 34 Years ago.


"I have enjoyed every minute spent to represent my country and knowing that i will no longer have the opportunity to wear my national team jersey is a great sadness for me", explained the Red on the English federation (FA) website. "This is one of the most difficult decisions that I have had to take in my career. I had thought about this since my return from the World Cup in Brazil, I have spoken to my family, my friends, my relatives", he continued.

England loses their captain ,and one of their iconic players. with 21 goals for his country, Steven Gerrard had the opportunity to wear the English Jersey 114 times , who is in fact the third most caped player in the history of England behind Peter Shilton (125) and David Beckham (115). Thirty-eight times, he has had the honor to be the captain. His journey with his national team will have been studded with a few joys but also of disappointments.

International since May 31, 2000 where he played his 1st friendly against Ukraine, Steven Gerrard has never managed to take his country to the heights. participated in the Euro (2000, 2004, 2012) and the World (2006, 2010, 2014), Liverpool's legend had never had the chance to pass the semi-finals where he reached the Euro quarters in 2004 & 2012 , and the World Cup quarter-finals in 2006..

0 comments: